American Express Platinum Card
Get more from life with Platinum on your side
The American Express Platinum® Card is designed to support your lifestyle, wherever you are in the world. It provides you with year-round service, alongside a wealth of benefits, rewards and experiences.
The Platinum® International Currency Card
- 24/7 Platinum Concierge telephone service
- Complimentary access to over 1,300 airport lounges
- Special benefits with hotel programmes, such as Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Access to American Express® Experiences
- Higher tier car rental memberships and complimentary upgrades
- Travel protection benefits available
- Complimentary enrolment into the Membership Rewards® loyalty programme
- Up to 5 complimentary Supplementary Cards
Currency: US Dollar, Euro or Sterling
Annual fee: US$550/€550/£575
APR: N/A for charge card
Spending Limit: No pre-set spending limit
Things you should know
- The Bank agrees to meet the required customer identification and authentication obligations under appropriate AML regulations as specified in the Agreement.
- An American Express Charge Card Account is subject to application approval by American Express.
- International Currency Cards are not offered to residents of the USA, Singapore, the European Union (UK exempt) and some other excluded countries.
- You and any Supplementary Cardmembers must be over 18 years of age.
- American Express International Currency Cards are serviced in English.
- Terms and Conditions apply. To view the Charge Card Agreement, please click here.
Terms and Conditions
1. This does not mean, however, that there is an unlimited spending facility on the Card. Each transaction is approved based on the expense level and credit history of all of your Accounts established with us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and/or licensees, as well as on your credit history with other financial institutions and your personal resources and income known by us. Provided your Account is settled in full and on time each month, you can usually spend as much as you have shown us you can afford. Proof of resources and security may be required. We reserve the right to apply temporary spending limits in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement.
2. American Express International Lounges. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. Fees may apply for additional guests. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. In some Lounges the Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Age restrictions for the service of alcohol also vary between Lounges. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to the local rules and conditions set by American Express and the Lounge operator. American Express and the Lounge operator reserve the right to revise the rules at any time without notice. For details of individual American Express lounge access requirements please click here.
3. Fine Hotels & Resorts. Valid only for new Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service, Centurion Travel Service, or American Express Travel Online (Only available in selected markets). Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Cardmember’s or Centurion® Member’s name. Available for Platinum Charge Cardmembers and Centurion® Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Cardmembers who are not also Platinum Charge Cardmembers. Cardmember must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Cardmember
will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Cardmembers final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels & Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels + Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Cardmember, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change.
4. American Express® Experiences. The benefit is only valid when full payment is made with an American Express Card. To redeem the benefit, restaurant reservations must be made through your American Express Concierge service, and the reservation must be in the Cardmember’s name. The benefit is valid for seated dining only and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. The benefit is limited to one redemption per visit, per American Express Card, per bill, per table, unless otherwise stated. Blackout dates may apply, please check with your American Express Concierge service when making a reservation. Cancellation and no show policies may apply, please check with your American Express Concierge service when making a reservation. Benefit may be limited to a maximum number of people, please check with your American Express Concierge service when making a reservation. Benefit is subject to availability, the restaurant reserves the right to offer a benefit which they consider to be of similar value should the benefit described not be available. Each reserved table has a maximum number of diners and your booking cannot exceed this. Please check with your American Express Concierge service for full availability. All reserved tables may be subject to a pre-communicated sitting time. Please check with your American Express Concierge service for full availability. All reserved tables will only be held for a maximum of 15 minutes after the confirmed reservation time.
5. Car Rental. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hertz to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum member or your account is not in good standing. Benefits vary by market and location of rental, and may be subject to change and availability. Not all benefits are available in every country. Gold Plus Rewards Five Star enrolment is required to enjoy all benefits. Additional Hertz Terms and Conditions apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Avis to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum member or your account is not in good standing. Benefits vary by market and location of rental, and may be subject to change and availability. Avis President’s Preferred enrolment is required to enjoy all benefits. Additional Avis Terms and Conditions apply.
6. Travel protection. Terms and Conditions apply. Full details of the travel protection benefits currently available can be found in the Terms and Conditions available here. For UK applicants the Travel Protection benefit is subject to enrolment. Learn more here.
7. Membership Rewards. Cardmembers earn one Membership Rewards point for each US$1/€1/£1 of eligible spend on the Card Account. The number of points per US$1/€1/£1 is referred to as your Earn Rate and will be shown on the Card Account statement. American Express may permit the Cardmember to earn more points per eligible US$/€1/£1 for certain purchases with particular retailers and may make contact about this to ensure full benefit from the Programme (as explained in the ‘About additional benefits and other products’ section on the agreement for your Card Account). No points will be earned on: cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), charges for returned payments, late payments, referral charges and American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions. Membership Rewards programme information for Euro and Dollar Cardmembers can be found here and for sterling Cardmembers here.
8. Supplementary Cardmembership. Supplementary Cards allow you to share the benefits of your American Express Card with others close to you. You will be the main Cardholder and will be liable for all charges made on the Supplementary Card(s). Additional Cardmembers must be 18 years or over. Approval subject to status.