We have have also committed to be net zero by 2027 as we further seek to reduce our environmental impact and help tackle climate change.
Corporate & social responsibility
We believe that running a growing business that creates jobs and contributes to the economic success of the areas in which it operates, is a platform for good corporate social responsibility.
Weatherbys has a long tradition of giving back to society and we have a commitment to support our staff in engaging with their communities and charities. This social awareness is present throughout the business, from our employees to our clients, our professional connections and the suppliers we use.
Our contribution through the commitment of our people continues to improve lives and build communities.
We believe in doing the right thing. We run our business ethically and with good governance and control.
We are delighted to announce that we have met our goal to become carbon neutral in 2021.
Sustainability and the environment
In order to achieve our goals, we recognise that we need to operate in a sustainable manner and have therefore adopted core principles in our business operations that provide a framework for both managing risk and maintaining our position as a good ‘corporate citizen’.
We focus on minimising the environmental impact of all our working practices and have pledged to:
• Reduce consumption
• Reduce and recycle waste
• Choose materials from recycled or known sustainable sources
• Reduce our greenhouse gas emissions
• Convert our commitment into action
The Weatherbys Charitable Foundation
Philanthropy is very important to our business, and in 2007 we established the Weatherbys Charitable Foundation in order to support a range of good causes and other UK-based registered charities with a local, national and international reach.
Over the years, the foundation has helped a number of initiatives including:
• Rehabilitation and mental health support to those in the racing industry
• Therapy for children and young people with life-limiting illnesses or disabilities
• Support to people affected by all forms of autism
• The planting of trees in UK forests
• Delivering clean water, hygiene and improved sanitation to developing countries
• Literacy and business training for communities in the developing world
Creating The Future
Creating The Future is our flagship conference and series of events. It is the brainchild of Weatherbys Private Bank’s CEO, Roger Weatherby. Roger believes the Bank holds an important role not only as a trusted adviser to its clients but also in the corporate social responsibility space, where it can help stimulate broader discussion and debate about important issues that will affect future generations of their families.
Creating The Future explores some of the world’s most challenging and exciting issues: how to bring an end to conflict, the future of money, artificial intelligence, education, regenerative medicine, plastic pollution and climate change.
In 2021, Creating The Future brought together a number of renowned and influential speakers to deliver a series of short talks and fierce debates to reveal how they are helping to solve the associated challenges. The event explored a number of themes including:
• What businesses and governments should do to enable a sustainable future.
• How pioneering technology will transform the future of healthcare.
• What the future of food looks like and its potential impact on our society and cultural behaviours.
• The role of AI and a future information landscape in which fake information is impossible to distinguish from the truth.