Scam alert: Impersonation of Weatherbys
We have been made aware of recent scams by phone and email in which fraudsters are using the identities of our staff and claiming to work at Weatherbys Private Bank or Weatherbys Racing Bank.
We do not actively promote or advertise on comparison sites. If something seems too good to be true it most probably is.
We will never ask you transfer money to a safe account or contact you out of the blue to ask you to confirm your PIN, online banking password or personal account details.
If you think you have been contacted by someone pretending to represent Weatherbys Bank, do not respond. Please forward the email to us immediately using the contact details below and will we get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact our fraud team: email@example.com
If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft, you should also report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
What to watch out for
Contact is being made by an email, letter or phone call. The fraudsters even use the name of an employee, official looking logos, and other images taken from our website, to trick you into thinking that the communication is genuine.
They may ask you for personal information, such as copies of your payslips or passport, bank account details or internet banking passwords.
How to avoid falling for these scams
Look carefully for signs that a communication may not be from us:
- The email address could be from a Hotmail, Outlook or Gmail account.
- All Weatherbys Bank email addresses are *firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Written communication may contain spelling mistakes and poor grammar.
Phone calls could be from a mobile or overseas number.
- Telephone numbers can also be spoofed to look like the genuine number.
- Please hang up the phone immediately if you suspect a scam and telephone us back using one of the numbers listed on our Contact Us page.
Further information and support
- If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft, you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
- If you think you may have handed over your card details to scammers, please let us know immediately.